Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com> on 2002/01/15 00:51:28 UTC

Re: I have an Application that I need to port from IIS/ASP to Apache/Apache:ASP

Marcos Nobre wrote:

> I fear that it isn't be able I am considering to convert it for PHP.
> This my opnion exists in front of the fact that not even the examples of
> the Apache::ASP
> function well!

What do you mean the examples do not function well?  They do if
your system is properly configured... for online examples in action,
check out http://www.apache-asp.org/eg/

> How I will be able to believe in this?
> Can any one help in trace some begining steps ?
> Any clue is very welcome.
> Thanks in advance.

Check out http://www.apache-asp.org/install.html#Quick%20Start
for suggestions on getting the examples working.  If your examples
continue to not work, please post whatever error messages or output
snippets you can to help resolve this problem.

BTW, if you are looking to convert an application from IIS/ASP,
make sure it is written in PerlScript, as VBScript will not yet
run under Apache::ASP, though an upcoming release, to be determined,
will include basic VBScript support graciously donated by Ime Smits.

--Josh

Re: I have an Application that I need to port from IIS/ASP to Apache/Apache:ASP

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
Marcos Nobre wrote:

> 3) On netscape I type : http://mnobre.ovtdom/alliance and got an error 500
>     My index.html has a <% response.redirect ...%> ASP instruction and into
>     the directory I found a .htaccess file.
>
> 4) After rename .htaccess file and reload the initial local site URL, I see the
> script code (source) on the browser
>
> What can I do ? It seems that ASP isn't enable. Isn't it ?

Whenever you get a server error, check out your error_log and see
what it says. There was likely an error running your script because
response.redirect is VBScript & Apache::ASP only support perl scripting
like:

  <% $Response->Write("test"); %>

Please see the examples in the dist ./site/eg, or online
at http://www.apache-asp.org/eg/, for perl scripting examples
that do work.  perl scripting support in Apache::ASP is made
to be compatible with PerlScript under IIS/ASP.

-- Josh

Re: I have an Application that I need to port from IIS/ASP to Apache/Apache:ASP

Posted by Marcos Nobre <ma...@onix.com.br>.

Joshua Chamas wrote:

>What are "some errors" ?  The .htaccess is only relevant when that
>is what you are using to configure Apache::ASP, which is the case
>for running the ./site/eg examples from the distribution.
>
>-- Josh

1)I create /var/www/html/alliance directory and deposite the application
content there.
2) I put :

NameVirtualHost 127.0.0.1
<VirtualHost 127.0.0.1>
ServerName alliance
DocumentRoot /www/html/alliance
</VirtualHost>

directives into my  httpd.conf file

3) On netscape I type : http://mnobre.ovtdom/alliance and got an error 500
    My index.html has a <% response.redirect ...%> ASP instruction and into
    the directory I found a .htaccess file.

4) After rename .htaccess file and reload the initial local site URL, I
see the
script code (source) on the browser

What can I do ? It seems that ASP isn't enable. Isn't it ?

MNobre.

Re: I have an Application that I need to port from IIS/ASP to Apache/Apache:ASP

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.

Posted by Marcos Nobre <ma...@onix.com.br>.
Ok. Let me start again.

First of all, I need to create a "site" that is pointed by a browser
(naturaly) like :
http://localhost/mysite

What kind of entries (or directives) that I have to put in my httpd.conf
file ?
Actualy I have this :
### Main Configuration Section
### You really shouldn't change these settings unless you're a guru
###
ServerName mnobre.ovtdom
ServerType standalone
ServerRoot /etc/httpd
DocumentRoot /var/www
LockFile /etc/httpd/httpd.lock
PidFile /var/run/httpd.pid
ScoreBoardFile /etc/httpd/httpd.scoreboard
ErrorLog logs/error_log
LogLevel warn
ResourceConfig /dev/null
AccessConfig /dev/null
###
### Global Configuration
###
# We now support multiple apache configurations on the same server. In
# common.conf, we put all directives that are common to all implementations
# (httpd, httpd-perl, etc.)
Include conf/commonhttpd.conf
###
### Virtual Hosts
###
# We include different templates for Virtual Hosting. Have a look in the
# vhosts directory and modify to suit your needs.
Include conf/vhosts/Vhosts.conf
#Include conf/vhosts/DynamicVhosts.conf
#Include conf/vhosts/VirtualHomePages.conf

Include  conf/addon-modules/php.conf
Also I have the commonhttpd.conf file seted with

# DocumentRoot: The directory out of which you will serve your
# documents. By default, all requests are taken from this directory, but
# symbolic links and aliases may be used to point to other locations.
#
DocumentRoot /var/www

#
# Each directory to which Apache has access, can be configured with respect
# to which services and features are allowed and/or disabled in that
# directory (and its subdirectories).
#
# First, we configure the "default" to be a very restrictive set of
# permissions.
#
# Also, for security, we disable indexes globally
#
<Directory /var/www/*>
    Options -Indexes FollowSymLinks
    #Options FollowSymLinks
    #AllowOverride None
    AllowOverride All

    <Files ~ (\.asp)>
    SetHandler  perl-script
    #PerlHandler Apache::ASP
    #PerlSetVar  Global .
    #PerlSetVar  StateDir /tmp/asp
    </Files>
</Directory>

#
If I uncomment the directives above, restarting Apache give some erros.
What is wrong ?
This lines was copied from apache::asp install instructions.
I heard somebody here talking that the .httpaccess files is that would have
to contain these directive. It is True ?

TIA,

Marcos NObre.