Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2008/03/05 00:10:34 UTC

[VOTE] Release genesis-1.4

Hi,

The main change in this version of genesis is a change in the release
plugin configuration that enables overriding the tagBase in release
profiles in projects that inherit from the project-config pom.  There
are also some plugin version upgrades.

The new root pom includes a release profile that sets up the standard
javadoc, source and gpg plugins and only requires overriding the
tagBase location.

This sets us up for using the release process also now under vote
described at http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxPMGT/
Proposed+%28updated%29+release+process

The only Jira I know about is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/
GERONIMO-3895

Staging repo:
http://people.apache.org/~djencks/staging-repo/org/apache/geronimo/
genesis

Staging site: none

Vote open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1

thanks
david jencks

Re: [VOTE] Release genesis-1.4 (CANCELLED)

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
On Mar 6, 2008, at 3:23 PM, David Jencks wrote:
> On Mar 5, 2008, at 10:23 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:
>
>> Aside from the tagBase thingy I think this looks okay... I'd really
>> like to see the tagBase removed though...
>
> I agree, I'll try again without tagBase tomorrow.... can find out
> how well release:rollback works :-)
>>
>> Also, I think we can use this experience (using this profile) to
>> help us understand how to make genesis more useful to projects.
>> I've been thinking about completely re-implementing it for a while
>> now, as its a few years old and a bit clunky for our usage now.
>
> Sure, but unless you can do this rewrite tomorrow I'd like to get
> something out that we can use for releasing the roller and directory
> plugins now.

Um, not gonna even try to do that for tomorrow.  I want to use this
new release to see how well the new tooling works, then will consider
a rewrite.

--jason

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Mar 6, 2008, at 3:23 AM, David Jencks wrote:

> On Mar 5, 2008, at 10:23 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:
>
>> Aside from the tagBase thingy I think this looks okay... I'd really
>> like to see the tagBase removed though...
>
> I agree, I'll try again without tagBase tomorrow.... can find out
> how well release:rollback works :-)

Heh. Yay a good test case... ;-)

--kevan

Re: [VOTE] Release genesis-1.4 (CANCELLED)

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release genesis-1.4

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release genesis-1.4

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.
+1

Jarek

Re: [VOTE] Release genesis-1.4

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
+1

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl

Re: [VOTE] Release genesis-1.4

Posted by "Jay D. McHugh" <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Release genesis-1.4

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
+1
david jencks

Re: [VOTE] Release genesis-1.4

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
David Jencks wrote:
> Hi,
>

> The main change in this version of genesis is a change in the release
> plugin configuration that enables overriding the tagBase in release
> profiles in projects that inherit from the project-config pom.  There
> are also some plugin version upgrades.
>
> The new root pom includes a release profile that sets up the standard
> javadoc, source and gpg plugins and only requires overriding the tagBase
> location.
>
> This sets us up for using the release process also now under vote
> described
> at http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxPMGT/Proposed+%28updated%29+release+process
>
> The only Jira I know about
> is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-3895