Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Patrik Karlström <pa...@trixon.se> on 2020/09/11 18:18:15 UTC

[platform] Printing OpenGL/JOGL fails

I added the platform printing support by following the instructions on
https://netbeans.apache.org/wiki/DevFaqHowToPrint.asciidoc to my plattform
application.

It works well for every TopComponent except one when it contains an OpenGL
rendered map by NASA's WorldWind, then it's just blank.

The information linked above states
*If the custom data is presented by another classes, a PrintProvider should
be implemented and put in the lookup of the top component where the custom
data lives.*

I'm able to get a BufferedImage of the WorldWind map but how do I create a
PrintProvider of that and put it in the lookup?

http://wiki.netbeans.org/BookNBPlatformCookbookCH1002 mentions the
PrintProvider but my BufferedImage is not continuously updated, instead, it
has to be generated on demand, when it's time to print.

Is this possible to achieve?

/Patrik