Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "R, Rajesh (STSD)" <ra...@hp.com> on 2005/07/21 13:24:38 UTC

Problem in "autoconf" installation

Hello,

I am trying to install a module for Apache2 in Tru64.
While trying to install "autoconf" , I received the following
Error .,

-----------checking for a BSD-compatible install... config/install-sh -c
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... nawk
checking for expr... /sbin/expr
checking for gm4... no
checking for gnum4... no
checking for m4... /usr/bin/m4
checking whether m4 supports frozen files... no
configure: error: GNU M4 1.4 is required

Even after installing GNU M4 1.4 , I get the same error ...
Please help me out.

Thanks in advance.

--Rajesh R