Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Milos Kleint <mi...@ewarna.com> on 2003/05/07 04:47:13 UTC

Re: executing cvs task from behind firewall advice

James Todd wrote:

> hi -
>
>    i searched the archives and didn't see a match. apologies if i
>    missed the thread.
>
>    what advice is there to ant users for issuing the cvs task from
>    behind a firewall ... who typically access the remote repository
>    via runsocks?
>
>    in perusing the code it looks as though cvs just wraps the exec
>    task (which is a fallback i'm considering) but comments are
>    included indicating thoughts of integrating a cvs package are
>    being considered.

actually some time ago I was thinking about integrating the java cvs
client from Netbeans (javacvs.netbeans.org) with the cvs target.
Is such functionality really required? the code is release under Sun
Public Licence, is it compatible with the apache licence?

there's a few drawbacks to it though. not all commands are supported,
mainly the ones that modify read-write/read-only access rights. (edit,
unedit command.)

Milos Kleint