Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Halpenny, Scott" <Sc...@prismedia.com> on 2001/03/08 18:20:25 UTC

JSP entity references in Tomcat.

I am new to JSP work, old to SGML/XML. I have a problem in a JSP I have
written

I am creating a String variable to store the name of an asset, I then use
that String in a variable call that combines two Strings utilizes the asset
variable to populate the Entity reference that will then go into my XML
repository and create an Entity reference to that item within the given
document.

Problem is it says it can't recognize the entity....the entity is an
internal subset, and the document is parsed  on load but not when I try to
load it into the system through the browser and Tomcat it doesn't
reparse...thus, will tomcat handle calls to reparse a doc externally from
the repository, or is this a repository problem?

I thought about loading the entire doc into memory, then writing to it there
rather than allowing it to load directly to the doc in the repository?

Thanks,

Scott D. Halpenny
PRISMedia Networks Inc.
shalpenny@prismedia.com
www.prismedia.com
(408)434-8123

SSL error

Posted by Stephane Boffin <sb...@nertec.com>.
JSP entity references in Tomcat.Hi all,

I installed SSL with tomcat, when I start the server there is no errors,
if I connect to port http:\\localhost:8334 I get a  "Unrecognized SSL handshake" error.

When I try with https:\\localhost I cant see the tomcat certificate.

What could be the problem !!