Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Gergely Imre <gi...@nextra.ro> on 2000/10/13 13:36:02 UTC

Problem

I wanted to install Cocoon (Apache+JServ+JDK1.3+Cocoon1.8) on another
machine, /Cocoon.xml works fine, but if I want to load another XML, I
get the following error in the log:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/tools/javac/Main

--
GImre
-> ICQ# 86297366

Re: Problem

Posted by "Juan J. Merelo" <jj...@civista.com>.
> I wanted to install Cocoon (Apache+JServ+JDK1.3+Cocoon1.8) on another
> machine, /Cocoon.xml works fine, but if I want to load another XML, I
> get the following error in the log:
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/tools/javac/Main

Hey! Know that one!

Add:
set JAVA_HOME=\jdk1.2.2 [Or wherever your JDK is]

set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar [this is already there]

to tomcat.bat. Or equivalent if you're lucky enough to use a unixoid system.
Problems is it does not find the class that does the compiling within
Cocoon, which is in tools.jar. JAVA_HOME is not set by default in the
tomcat.[sh|bat] file.