Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Israel Ekpo <is...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/04 20:55:24 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] PHP Solr Extension 1.0.1 Stable Has Been Released

The new PECL package solr-1.0.1 (stable) has been released at
http://pecl.php.net/.

Release notes
-------------
- Added support for json response writer in SolrClient
- Removed final bit from classes so that they can be mocked in unit tests
- Changed from beta to stable
- Included phpdoc stubs in source to enable autocomplete of Solr classes and
methods in IDE during development
- Lowered libxml2 version requirement to 2.6.16

Package Info
-------------
It effectively simplifies the process of interacting with Apache Solr using
PHP5 and it already comes with built-in readiness for the latest features
added in Solr 3.1. The extension has features such as built-in, serializable
query string builder objects which effectively simplifies the manipulation
of name-value pair request parameters across repeated requests. The response
from the Solr server is also automatically parsed into native php objects
whose properties can be accessed as array keys or object properties without
any additional configuration on the client-side. Its advanced HTTP client
reuses the same connection across multiple requests and provides built-in
support for connecting to Solr servers secured behind HTTP Authentication or
HTTP proxy servers. It is also able to connect to SSL-enabled containers.
Please consult the documentation for more details on features. Included in
the source code are phpdoc stubs that enable autocomplete of Solr classes
and methods in IDE during development in userland.

Related Links
-------------
Package home: http://pecl.php.net/package/solr
Changelog: http://pecl.php.net/package-changelog.php?package=solr
Download: http://pecl.php.net/get/solr-1.0.1.tgz

Authors
-------------
Israel Ekpo <ie...@php.net> (lead)

--
°O°
"Good Enough" is not good enough.

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] PHP Solr Extension 1.0.1 Stable Has Been Released

Posted by alex <al...@discardmail.com>.
Hello roySolr,

roySolr wrote:

> Are you working on some changes to support earlier versions of PHP? What
> is the status?

I have supplied a patch, so that it can be compiled with PHP 5.2:
https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=59808 https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=59808

I contacted Israel a while ago to integrate this into the package, but he
hasn't answered yet.

Cheers,
 Alex

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] PHP Solr Extension 1.0.1 Stable Has Been Released

Posted by Israel Ekpo <is...@gmail.com>.
I am working on that, I hope to have an answer within a month or so.

Posted by alex <al...@hotmail.com>.
Hello roySolr,

Posted by roySolr <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Israel Ekpo <is...@gmail.com>.
it looks like you have to upgrade to php 5.3.x

Unfortunately, it looks like that method signature was different in that
version of PHP.

I would have to make additional changes to support the earlier versions of
PHP