Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2015/06/12 01:04:57 UTC

[Commons Wiki] Update of "FrontPage" by sebbapache

Dear Wiki user,

The "FrontPage" page has been changed by sebbapache:
https://wiki.apache.org/commons/FrontPage?action=diff&rev1=132&rev2=133

Comment:
Commons also uses Git

  || {{http://commons.apache.org/images/logo.png}} ||This is the [[ApacheGeneral:FrontPage|Apache Wiki]] for the [[http://commons.apache.org/|Apache Commons]] project and is maintained by the [[commons:FrontPage|Commons]] community. To edit pages, visit [[UserPreferences|login]] near the top right corner of any page to create a user profile or to login. Then send a brief request '''(including your wiki username)''' to the [[http://commons.apache.org/mail-lists.html|Commons dev@ list]] asking to be added to the [[ContributorsGroup|Contributors Group]]. You can then edit the pages in this Wiki. Notifications of all changes you make will be sent to the dev@commons mailing list, so we will be aware of your changes and we will happily correct any small mistakes that you might make. ||

- We're a [[http://wiki.apache.org/commons/FrontPage|Commons]] community, dedicated to creating reusable library components in Java. Apache Commons is now using [[http://subversion.tigris.org/|Subversion]] as the version control system.
+ We're a [[http://wiki.apache.org/commons/FrontPage|Commons]] community, dedicated to creating reusable library components in Java.
+ Apache Commons mainly uses [[http://subversion.tigris.org/|Subversion]] as its version control system, however some components now use [[https://git-scm.com/|Git]],
+ and Commons components are available as read-only mirrors on [[https://github.com/apache?query=commons|Github]].

  Welcome: CommonsEtiquette | CommonsResources | ArticlesAndTutorials