Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Matthew Weir <ma...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2016/03/09 00:10:28 UTC

Flex 3x vs 4x security

I'm trying to decide if I should take the time to upgrade a very large application from 3.6 to 4.{stable}.
The main focus is on security and speed advantages.  I'm thinking all the security stuff that I've seen has all been player based, but what about from the SDK itself?
Thanks,

Re: Flex 3x vs 4x security

Posted by Matthew Weir <ma...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
That's good information.  I also have to justify the time to upgrade to the boss man though :)  Hence the question on security benefits.

    On Tuesday, March 8, 2016 6:29 PM, Clint M <cm...@gmail.com> wrote:

 There's a pretty wonderful migration path that should help you decide.

You can compile a Flex 3.6 Application with any Flex 4.x SDK and everything
should work the same as it did before.  Then when you have time you can
migrate parts of the application to take advantage of the Flex 4.x stuff
over time.

Re: Flex 3x vs 4x security

Posted by Clint M <cm...@gmail.com>.

Re: Flex 3x vs 4x security

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

If may depend on your application but there are some fairly significant speed improvements and a huge number of bug fixes.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Flex 3x vs 4x security

Posted by Scott <sc...@matheson.it>.
Hi
    2 points of view if it works why change, my companies 3.x apps process $20T last year , so I think we are secure

The new v4 is nice if you need it, my upgrade took about 2 weeks, as I took advantage on new graphic

Sent from my iPad