Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by praveenesh kumar <pr...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/17 13:20:00 UTC

Oozie dynamic action

Hi,

I have a scenario in which I want to trigger a hive uploading script every
day. I have a set of folders created for a set of customer ids everyday. My
hive script will read the customer id from the path, checks whether the
table for the customer id exits and if not create a table and will create
partition based on date for  a "set of unknown customer_ids".

I can get the set of unique customer_ids from a shell action. It can be
passed as a list or string.

My problem is how can I achieve this dynamic checking/creation of hive
tables and partitions from oozie.

Currently I am doing everything from the shell script and calling it as a
shell action in oozie, but I was wondering if these kind of checks or some
kind of for-loop kind of actions can be done in oozie.

Any thoughts/suggestions on how to tackle the above scenario in the best
way possible using oozie, would be highly helpful.

Regards
Praveenesh

Re: Oozie dynamic action

Posted by Peyman Mohajerian <mo...@gmail.com>.
If you want to see a simple example of what you are looking for:
https://github.com/cloudera/cdh-twitter-example
It is part of this article:
http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2012/09/analyzing-twitter-data-with-hadoop/

Re: Oozie dynamic action