Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by "Crongeyer, Ralph" <RC...@USAID.GOV> on 2005/03/03 19:49:02 UTC

Need help with install.

Hi all,

I need some help installing Lenya. I have a new Debian SID setup and
Tomcat-5.0.28 installed and running. I have downloaded Lenya-1.2.2
(Binary) and I'm trying to figure out how to get it running under
Tomcat. The "INSTALL-BIN.txt says:

Tomcat

------

1) Copy lenya.war into .../TOMCAT_PREFIX/webapps directory

2) Copy endorsed libraries into .../TOMCAT_PREFIX/common/endorsed
directory

3) Startup Tomcat

Here are my questions:

1)    No problem with #1.

2)       What are "endorsed libraries"???

3)       No problem with #3.

Thanks

Ralph Crongeyer

USAID Web Services

Systems Administrator

Work Phone: 703-666-1179

Cell: 301-752-6753

Re: Need help with install.

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Crongeyer, Ralph wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I need some help installing Lenya. I have a new Debian SID setup and
> Tomcat-5.0.28 installed and running. I have downloaded Lenya-1.2.2
> (Binary) and I'm trying to figure out how to get it running under
> Tomcat. The "INSTALL-BIN.txt says:

> 2)       What are "endorsed libraries"???

good point, we should clarify that. xalan, xerces are endorsed libraries

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
COO, Wyona       Content Management Solutions    http://wyona.com