Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by nutchsolruser <nu...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/19 07:09:33 UTC

document clustering or tagging

I have very huge solr index. I want to tag all documents with terms that
better represent that document like  this
<http://search.carrotsearch.com/carrot2-webapp/search?source=web&view=folders&skin=fancy-compact&query=rugby+in+london&results=100&algorithm=lingo3g&EToolsDocumentSource.country=ALL&EToolsDocumentSource.language=ALL&EToolsDocumentSource.safeSearch=false>
. Does this type of clustering results is also come under document tagging?

Re: document clustering or tagging

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I don't know of anything such in Solrland.  We have a Key Phrase Extractor
and we did integrate it with Solr, although at this moment I can't remember
how exactly we did it.

But let's see.... you have a bunch of documents that you would like to
process, extract key phrases from them, then store those key phrases in a
separate field for each document, and then include this field in search,
probably with a higher boost... is that what you are after? If so, this key
phrase extraction belongs to a document processing pipeline or the indexer
(aha, I remember now, this is how we use it) or UpdateRequestProcessor
even.  So once you "enrich" your document with a field containing 1 or more
key phrases, you index it.  No Carrot2 involved.

Otis

Posted by nutchsolruser <nu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stanislaw Osinski <st...@osinski.name>.
Stanislaw Osinski, stanislaw.osinski@carrotsearch.com
http://carrotsearch.com

I have very huge solr index. I want to tag all documents with terms that
> better represent that document like  this
> <
> http://search.carrotsearch.com/carrot2-webapp/search?source=web&view=folders&skin=fancy-compact&query=rugby+in+london&results=100&algorithm=lingo3g&EToolsDocumentSource.country=ALL&EToolsDocumentSource.language=ALL&EToolsDocumentSource.safeSearch=false
> >
> . Does this type of clustering results is also come under document tagging?

No, this type of clustering will not solve your problem because it's suited
for small/medium collections of documents (search results) rather than the
whole index. For your specific problem I'd recommend some keyword /
keyphrase extractor, which would generate tags for each document separately.

Staszek