Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Michael Bouschen <mb...@apache.org> on 2022/09/14 19:04:55 UTC

JDO TCK Conference Call Thursday September 15 11 PDT 20 CEST

Hi,

We will have our regular meeting Thursday September 15 11:00 Pacific
Daylight Time (PDT) 20:00 Central European Summer Time (CEST) to discuss
JDO TCK issues and status.

We use the following dial-in for audio and video. You need a Skype
account to join.
https://join.skype.com/lKWOxZDu2O5U

Agenda:
1. JIRA JDO-818 "Use Google Java Style as the code format conventions
for the JDO project" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-818
New PR #57 "Maven plugin using Google Java Formatter"
https://github.com/apache/db-jdo/pull/57

2. PR #50 "Update pom.xml to change http to https"
https://github.com/apache/db-jdo/pull/50
Relates JIRA "Change headers on source files to use https:// instead of
http:// " https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-815

3. JIRA JDO-812 "Move to JDK 11 as the lowest supported version"
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-812

4. Other issues

Action Items from weeks past:

[Jun 15 2022] AI Craig verify that changing the headers now passes the
RAT test without any other changes.
[Dec 09 2021] AI Craig: Try to contact all current/former participants
in JDO development and see if and how they want to be recognized on the
JDO and DB web sites.https://db.apache.org/whoweare.html
[Oct 07 2021] AI Craig send a private message to all JSR-243 Expert
Group members asking if they wish to continue.
[Mar 25 2021] AI Craig: investigate "merging" papajdo and apache.clr
accounts
[Oct 17 2014] AI Matthew any updates for "Modify specification to
address NoSQL datastores" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-651

Regards Michael

Re: JDO TCK Conference Call Thursday September 15 11 PDT 20 CEST

Posted by Tilmann Zäschke <ti...@apache.org>.
Dear all,

my apologies, but again something came up and I cannot make it tomorrow.

Regards,
Tilmann

Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Thursday September 15 11 PDT 20 CEST

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.
Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Tobias Bouschen, Craig Russell

Next meeting: Thursday September 22 1100 PDT 2000 CEDT

Agenda:
1. JIRA JDO-818 "Use Google Java Style as the code format conventions for the JDO project" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-818
New PR #57 "Maven plugin using Google Java Formatter" https://github.com/apache/db-jdo/pull/57

This PR adds new profiles to the parent pom. -Pformat will format everything. -Pverify-format will print proposed changes.

Seems that the formatter works somewhat different between the command line and the editor. After running the command line the editor still finds some issues.

2. PR #50 "Update pom.xml to change http to https" https://github.com/apache/db-jdo/pull/50
Relates JIRA "Change headers on source files to use https:// instead of http:// " https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-815

This PR is out of date.
AI Craig create a new PR. Write the script that does the changes. Reopen the JIRA and update pom.xml and resources files.

3. JIRA JDO-812 "Move to JDK 11 as the lowest supported version" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-812

4. Other issues

Action Items from weeks past:

[Jun 15 2022] AI Craig verify that changing the headers now passes the RAT test without any other changes. DONE.
[Dec 09 2021] AI Craig: Try to contact all current/former participants in JDO development and see if and how they want to be recognized on the JDO and DB web sites.https://db.apache.org/whoweare.html
[Oct 07 2021] AI Craig send a private message to all JSR-243 Expert Group members asking if they wish to continue.
[Mar 25 2021] AI Craig: investigate "merging" papajdo and apache.clr accounts
[Oct 17 2014] AI Matthew any updates for "Modify specification to address NoSQL datastores" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-651

Regards Michael

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org