Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jonathan Levinson <Jo...@intersystems.com> on 2009/09/25 19:34:28 UTC

Can't use percentage widths on fo:table-cell

If you put a percentage width (like 25%) on an fo:table-cell you get the
following error message:

SEVERE: Cannot find LM to handle given FO for LengthBase.
(fo:table-cell, location: 59/52)

I've worked around this problem by just applying percentage widths to
the fo:table-columns in the table header, but strictly speaking it seems
the XSL-FO spec does allow width to be an attribute of fo:table-cell and
widths include percentage widths.

Is it nonsensical to attribute a percentage width to a fo:table-cell or
is FOP failing to follow the spec by disallowing percentage widths on
fo:table-cells?

I notice that RenderX allows percentage widths on fo:table-cells.

Best Regards,

Jonathan S. Levinson

Senior Software Developer

Object Group

InterSystems

617-621-0600

Re: Can't use percentage widths on fo:table-cell

Posted by Vincent Hennebert <vh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jonathan,

The specification indeed allows to specify a width on the cells from the
first table row, and it can be a percentage.

IIRC there is a start of implementation in the FOP code to handle that,
but it doesn’t work. References are made to the CSS2 specification about
how this must be handled (especially if widths are specified on both
cells and columns, if cells span several columns, etc.). Sorry, I don’t
remember the details.

Vincent