Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Nadine Carlton <na...@hp.com> on 2001/02/10 02:37:39 UTC

esql no method found errors

Hi,

  I've just installed Cocoon 1.8.2 and Tomcat 3.2.1 and I have
updated the sample esql.xml to work with my oracle instance.
The sample works fine.

  However, I'm adding some result changes to use <esql:get-column-name>
and <esql:get-string> and I'm getting xsp method not found errors.

The esql code is calling
getMetaData().getColumnName(<xsl:value-of select="@column" /> )
Should this be _esql_query.resultset_metadata.getColumnName
(<xsl:value-of select="@column" /> )  ?

The getString error is from the get-string-encoded template, used
in get-columns and get-string.  I don't think there is a getString
method in the jdbc resultset.  Donald?

Here is a simple
change to the esql sample that hits the getColumnName error:

<esql:execute-query>
<esql:query>select deptno,dname from dept</esql:query>
<esql:results>
<header>header info</header>
<esql:row-results>
<department>
<id><esql:get-int column="deptno"/></id>
<name><esql:get-string column="dname"/></name>
<esql:connection>
<esql:driver>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</esql:driver>
<esql:dburl>jdbc:oracle:thin:@nc703572:1521:orant815</esql:dburl>
<esql:username>scott</esql:username>
<esql:password>tiger</esql:password>
<esql:execute-query>
<esql:query>select ename from emp where deptno = <esql:parameter type="int"><esql:get-int ancestor="1" column="deptno"/></esql:parameter></esql:query>
<esql:results>
<esql:row-results>
<user><esql:get-string column="ename"/></user>
<esql:get-column-name>1</esql:get-column-name>
</esql:row-results>
</esql:results>
<esql:no-results>
<user>No employees</user>
</esql:no-results>
</esql:execute-query>
</esql:connection>
</department>
</esql:row-results>
<footer>footer info</footer>
</esql:results>
</esql:execute-query>

java.lang.Exception: XSP Java Compiler: Compilation failed for _evuesql.java
309: No method matching getColumnName() found in interface java.sql.ResultSetMetaData.

          xspExpr(_esql_query.resultset.getMetaData().getColumnName(), document)

                                                                   ^

329: No method matching getString() found in interface java.sql.ResultSet.

          xspExpr(_esql_query.resultset.getString()

                                                 ^

2 errors

 at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaProcessor.compile(XSPJavaProcessor.java, Compiled Code)
 at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Exception.java, Compiled Code)
 at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaProcessor.compile(XSPJavaProcessor.java, Compiled Code)
 at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.process(XSPProcessor.java, Compiled Code)
 at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Engine.java, Compiled Code)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:404)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:797)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
 at org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp13ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Ajp13ConnectionHandler.java, Compiled Code)
 at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java, Compiled Code)
 at org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java, Compiled Code)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

Nadine Carlton
HP

1.8.2 basic cache question

Posted by Diana Shannon <sh...@terracare.com>.
I'm experiencing some behavior with Cocoon that I don't understand.

I have a relatively simple Cocoon-based site composed of approximately 50
different XML files. I'm using only XML -> XINCLUDE -> XSL -> HTML to serve
requests, with no XSP yet. All the XML content is frozen. According to the
commented tag line from Cocoon that appears at the bottom of the html
source, some pages are served from cache, while others aren't no matter how
many times I request them. When I check Cocoon.xml, it shows these
"uncached" pages are actually stored. If they are "stored," shouldn't they
be served from the cache?

Reading through the Cocooon list, it suggests pages won't cache in the event
of insufficient memory. I haven't received any "out of memory" errors.
Cocoon.xml reports 25 MB total memory with 3.5 MB free. I haven't changed
anything in the 1.8.2 cocoon.properties file.

My server configuration is solaris, tomcat 3.2.1, cocoon 1.8.2.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks.

Diana