Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Maxwell Grender-Jones <ma...@mxtelecom.com> on 2004/06/11 02:02:34 UTC

ant-optional with maven

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't obviously see
the answer after some google research...

Is it possible to use the ant-optional tasks with maven?

Thank you

Max

Re: ant-optional with maven

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Perhaps the symlink task was added in 1.6? Maven uses ant-1.5.3-1.

Ant is not specified in the plugins - it is in MAVEN_HOME/lib. You can't use ant
1.6 at the moment - it is incompatible. xalan is the most asked about dependency
on ant:xslt, but not relevant to your question (just used as an example here).

To be honest, I've always done <ant:exec /> with "ln -s ... ..." as the command :)

Sorry I can't help more on this.

Cheers,
Brett

Re: ant-optional with maven