Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Nathan Gleason <n8...@gmail.com> on 2023/08/09 19:55:56 UTC

Linstor volume boot issues

Hello,

We are working to get Linstor integrated into our environment and have
noticed a few issues.

When we spawn a VM everything works as expected.  Cloudstack reports
success, we see the volume(s) are "InUse" in Linstor.  But when we attach
to the console we see the SeaBIOS screen with the message "Boot failed: Not
a bootable disk" "No bootable device". The strange thing is that sometimes
it works and the VM will boot.  We have tried many different templates that
all work just fine on local storage.  We also see that sometimes the drbd
primary volume is assigned to the "DfltDisklessStorPool", sometimes it is
assigned to the pool we created "cloudstack_pool"

Things we have checked include:
- Make sure the block device is indeed attached to the host machine
- virsh dumpxml the VM to make sure it's looking at the correct block device
- numerous "--place-count N" resource group configurations

Has anyone run into this boot issue?

Versions:
Ubuntu 22.04
Cloudstack 4.17.1.0
linstor-server-1.23.0
drbd-9.2.4
drbd-utils-9.25

Thanks,
Nathan

Re: Linstor volume boot issues

Posted by Nathan Gleason <n8...@gmail.com>.
Hi Antoine, the fix was an updated Cloudstack Linstor storage plugin.  The
fix should be in the 4.18.1.0 version of the plugin.

Thanks,
Nathan