Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Dongjin Lee <do...@apache.org> on 2021/12/21 08:59:49 UTC

[VOTE] KIP-719: Deprecate Log4J Appender

Hi All,

I hope to reboot the voting for KIP-719: Deprecate Log4J Appender.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-719%3A+Deprecate+Log4J+Appender

Here is some context: the purpose of this proposal is to remove
log4j-appender from the dependency, and initially, the proposal focused on
deprecating log4j-appender and introducing a log4j2 equivalent. However, as
the discussion proceeded, it became clear that removing log4j-appender from
the dependency only is available without introducing a new subproject.

For the reasons above, the point of the proposal was slightly changed:

- Before: Deprecate the log4j-appender and add log4j2-appender
- After: Deprecate the log4j-appender and replace the current dependency
with log4j 2.x's Kafka appender.

This is why I reset the voting thread.

Best,
Dongjin

--
*Dongjin Lee*

*A hitchhiker in the mathematical world.*

*github:  <http://goog_969573159/>github.com/dongjinleekr
<https://github.com/dongjinleekr>keybase: https://keybase.io/dongjinleekr
<https://keybase.io/dongjinleekr>linkedin: kr.linkedin.com/in/dongjinleekr
<https://kr.linkedin.com/in/dongjinleekr>speakerdeck: speakerdeck.com/dongjin
<https://speakerdeck.com/dongjin>*

Re: [VOTE] KIP-719: Deprecate Log4J Appender

Posted by Edoardo Comar <ed...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dongjin,

+1 (non-binding)
many thanks
Edoardo

Posted by Viktor Somogyi-Vass <vi...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Hi Dongjin,

Posted by Mickael Maison <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dongjin,

Posted by Dongjin Lee <do...@apache.org>.
Hi All,

As of present:

- Binding: +3 (Mickael, Ismael, Tom)
- Non-binding: +3 (Viktor, Edoardo, Luke)

This KIP is now accepted. Thanks for your votes!

Posted by Luke Chen <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dongjin,

Posted by Tom Bentley <tb...@redhat.com>.
Thanks Dongjin, +1 (binding).