Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Purmonen, Joni (Academy)" <Jo...@capita.co.uk> on 2003/05/09 15:43:39 UTC

[users@httpd] hanging servers

Hi all,

I have a problem with apache servers left "hanging", sometimes over 200 of
them doing nothing. To be honest, I think the cause lies in the tomcat
server which serves .jsp content or in the Jk connector, but unfortunately
these cannot be touched at the moment.

The server-status (host/server-status/) page shows these servers as "W",
which is for "Sending Reply".

Now what i would like to do is to somehow either force apache to recycle
these hanging processes, or to do a script which would pick these up from ps
and kill them.

my question: how to single out these hanging servers?

Is there any command line interface for the same information which is given
by the server-status page? I could pick up the process id's from there,
check that they are above certain value in the "Seconds since beginning of
most recent request" column, and kill them off.

OS: UnixWare 7.1.1, apache: Apache/1.3.27

Many thanks,

Joni

the system manager.