Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Rida Benjelloun <Ri...@bibl.ulaval.ca> on 2005/02/10 18:01:56 UTC

Lucene contribution

Hi,
My name is Rida Benjelloun and I'm currently working at the Laval
University (Québec, Canada) as Head of Digital Initiatives Research and
Development Office. I've just release an indexing framework based on Lucene
witch is named LIUS.
LIUS is written in Java and it adds to Lucene many files format indexing
functionalities as: Ms Word, Ms Excel, Ms PowerPoint, RTF, PDF, XML, HTML,
TXT, Open Office suite and JavaBeans. All the indexation process is based
on a configuration file.

You can visit this links for more informations about LIUS, documentation is
available in English and French:
<http://www.bibl.ulaval.ca/lius/index.en.html>www.bibl.ulaval.ca/lius/index.en.html

www.sourceforge.net/projects/lius

The package available on SourceForge.net contains examples  and documentation.

I was wondering if you will be interested to add LIUS as a contribution of
Lucene

(<http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/contributions.html>http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/contributions.html)
in the "Miscellaneous" category ?
Don't hesitate to write or call me for any questions ;

Regards,

Re: Lucene contribution

Posted by Daniel Naber <da...@t-online.de>.
On Thursday 10 February 2005 18:01, Rida Benjelloun wrote:

> I was wondering if you will be interested to add LIUS as a contribution
> of Lucene
>
> (<http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/contributions.html>http://jakart
>a.apache.org/lucene/docs/contributions.html) in the "Miscellaneous"
> category ?

Actually that page isn't really maintained anymore I guess. I suggest you
get an account on our wiki and add your software yourself, for example
here:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/CommunityContributions

Regards
 Daniel