Posted to dev@concerted.apache.org by Atri Sharma <at...@apache.org> on 2015/10/20 20:54:27 UTC

[MENTORS] Commits to pre ASF github repository

Hi All,

I wanted to check on the scope and correctness of committing changes to
existing github repo.

Since we are in IP clearance for existing code base, I was wondering if it
makes sense to be committing changes to the existing repo. The concern is
purely based on potential problems in IP clearance.

However, I think we might want to prepare for first release and hence it
would be useful to keep committing changes and then have the code port to
ASF git repo.

Thoughts?

Regards,

Atri

Atri
Apache Concerted

Re: [MENTORS] Commits to pre ASF github repository

Posted by Atri Sharma <at...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a ton Jake.

I will sign this up and send it ASAP.

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 6:57 PM, Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hey Atri
> Yes, you will need to submit an software grant for the codebase to the ASF,
> here are the links for the overall process [1] and forms [2] needed . Once
> the grant is on file secretary@  will notify you and then we can start the
> import process
>
> -Jake
>
> [1]: https://www.apache.org/licenses/#submitting
> [2]: https://www.apache.org/licenses/software-grant.txt
>

> On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 11:12 PM, Atri Sharma <at...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Thanks Jake.
> >
> > As we discussed earlier, since existing codebase was purely written in
> > personal capacity, is there anything that we need to do atm for the
> > clearance please?
> > On 21 Oct 2015 02:47, "Jake Farrell" <jf...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Once the IP clearance document is submitted and the INFRA ticket is
> > created
> > > to import the git repo over no new work should be occurring on the
> > existing
> > > codebase, or a branch should be created and tagged and the commit hash
> > > provided to infra for import. Any work that was to follow after that
> > commit
> > > hash would have to be submitted as a patch to the ASF as it would not
> be
> > > apart of the initial donation.
> > >
> > > Once the IP clearance doc is filed it takes about 5 min to actually do
> > the
> > > work associated with importing the code over to the ASF git servers and
> > > then up to 24hrs potentially to appear on the Github mirror
> > >
> > > -Jake

> if
> > > it
> concern
> > is

> > it
> port

Atri
*l'apprenant*

Re: [MENTORS] Commits to pre ASF github repository

Posted by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org>.
Hey Atri

Posted by Atri Sharma <at...@apache.org>.
Thanks Jake.