Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by MARTIN Franck <fr...@c-s.fr> on 2002/04/08 12:02:57 UTC

intercepting the euro symbol from http request

The issue concerning the euro symbol is not (only) due to the FileWriter
i use, but to the intercepting of the euro symbol from the http request.

As a matter of fact i am using a servlet to generate xml, fo and then
pdf documents.
If the euro symbol is submitted to the server and if i can detect it, i
could replace if with "&euro;" or "&#nnnn;"

But i can't figure out how to detect its presence within a parameter
from the http request. I have tried to compare the caracters with
'\u20AC' but it goes thru. I have tried to use the
java.lang.Character.getNumericValue method but the euro has no numeric
value.

please help!

Franck MARTIN