Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by C WAYNE TAYLOR <cw...@yahoo.com> on 2003/07/01 14:12:58 UTC

[users@httpd] Form Action=Post

Hi,
I have installed Apache and PHP on WindowsXP to test pages before uploading but cannot get input forms (action=post) to work. I am trying to get a guestbook to post entries, but the guestbook.php acts as if no data has been entered.  It returns the message "Please enter your name", etc.  Is there an "obvious" place to look for the problem?

Confirguation: http://www.cwaynetaylor.com/phpinfo/

Thanks,
Wayne

Re: [users@httpd] Form Action=Post

Posted by Robert Andersson <ro...@profundis.nu>.
C WAYNE TAYLOR wrote:
> I have installed Apache and PHP on WindowsXP to test
>pages before uploading but cannot get input forms
>(action=post) to work.

Did you perhaps mean "method=post"?

> I am trying to get a guestbook to post entries, but the
> guestbook.php acts as if no data has been entered.

This sounds like the common issue, where the script is accessing the
parameters the old way, which is not allowed by default in PHP 4. Most
likely, the script is trying to access the form values simply by addressing
$input_name, while they should access them as keys in the $_GET, $_POST or
$_REQUEST global arrays.

Unless it is your own code piece, you might want to lookup the
register_globals directive in the PHP docs or config (php.ini). Otherwise,
modify your code to use the above mentioned globals. In either case, a PHP
mailing list would be better suited for such discussion.

Regards,
Robert Andersson