Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Peng Ming <tp...@yahoo.com> on 2008/08/13 10:26:45 UTC

Can I use the latest POI 3.1 with JDK 1.3.1

Hi all,
  I have a project, which is using JDK 1.3.1. Now, I just want to use Apach
POI to implement some requirements about read/write MS Excel file. I just
downloaded the poi-bin-3.1-FINAL-20080629.zip. Can I use it in JDK 1.3.1?
Thanks for any related information.

Re: Can I use the latest POI 3.1 with JDK 1.3.1

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.
Basically, it should work. We build POI with the "-source 1.3" option, so the binaries are
compatible with JDK 1.3.
The point is that some parts of POI require JDK 1.4+ and MAY not work. For example, column auto-sizing uses Java2D to
calculate text size and won't work under JDK 1.3.

Yegor