Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Jay Kaul <Ja...@notes.ntrs.com> on 2005/07/27 20:12:33 UTC

Backing Bean Question - Please Help

We have created  a parent JSP page which references a Backing Bean (in
session scope). The reason is the parent maintains a list of children and
needs to keep track of changes on the child pages. The child pages(in
tabbed-panes) refer to a Common-Child Backing Bean(again in session
scope).

The problem is as follows:

1) The child pages as mentioned are sharing the Backing Bean. Is there a
way for each child page to Invoke a new Instance of the Backing Bean, so
that if the child pages share same properties, they could have different
values.
2) If the two child pages are similar (same JSP's) but different
instances(included twice in the parent). The Backing Bean just replicates
the data in both JSP's. Is there a way to say, Yes we are creating a child
which the EL already knows about, but this time it is a Different Instance
of the Same Backing Bean.

I am not sure if MyFaces or RI supports Multiple Instances of Backing
Beans.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Jay Kaul