Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Enric Staromiejski <en...@nxtsis.com> on 2001/08/24 12:28:02 UTC

Trying to start Tomcat without jaxp.jar and parser.jar

We need to start Tomcat without having jaxp.jar and parser.jar within de
tomcat/lib directory. When doing this we get exceptions (Segment fault). Our
need comes from the fact that we're trying to start Cocoon 2.0b2 under
Tomcat. We're getting and exception related to the use of jaxp and parser by
Tomcat. All docs, faqs, and list are saying that the solution is removing or
renaming the jaxp.jar and the parser.jar under tomcat/lib and putting there
the Xerces_xxx.jar. But When doing this Tomcat simply is unable to start.

Any help would be appreciated

Enric

RE: Trying to start Tomcat without jaxp.jar and parser.jar

Posted by Enric Staromiejski <co...@nxtsis.com>.
Yes, you're right. That was precisely our problem. We wanted to use
Xerces_1_4_1.jar insted of the default Tomcat's but when substituting them
with Xerces we had an exception. We've solved this initializing the
TOMCAT_OPT environment variable with "-classic". The problem is the jdk1.3.1
token bug under Linux.

Thanks anyway

Sounds like you're trying this on Tomcat 3.2.  This version of Tomcat
*requires* an XML parser in the lib directory (or on the classpath) for
its own internal operations.

Craig

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.