Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Kumar M <co...@yahoo.com> on 2003/12/10 23:33:51 UTC

status generator

Hello!

Cocoon 1.8.2 with the "status" url, shows the versions of the Xerces and Xalan currently being used. However with the cocoon 212, the "status.html" does not show the versions of the xml parser and xslt processor. Has anyone upgraded the status generator to get these details?

Thanks
kumar

Performing actions

Posted by Olivier RICHAUD <ol...@richaud.net>.
Hi all,

We are using Cocoon as our presentation layer. The backend is made of EJB
which interact with 2 databases. The glue, when needed, between EJB and
Cocoon XSP pages is based on servlets. For example, when a form is
submitted, the update jobs is done by servlets and depending on the outcome,
forwarded to the appropriate XSP page.

Using servlets is not well appropriated as the flow is, like a bit like
Struts, concentrated in the sitemap. Is there a way to do a better job in a
Cocoon way? Using actions, for example? Would it result in transforming all
our servlets into actions? And what would be the advantage of doing this?

Thanks and happy new year.

Olivier.

Re: status generator

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 10.12.2003 23:33, Kumar M wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Cocoon 1.8.2 with the "status" url, shows the versions of the Xerces
> and Xalan currently being used. However with the cocoon 212, the
> "status.html" does not show the versions of the xml parser and xslt
> processor. Has anyone upgraded the status generator to get these
> details?

I don't know if it's the best option, but you can get this information
from Xalan's environment check:
http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/faq.html#environmentcheck

Joerg