Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Vandana kumari <kv...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/18 11:16:12 UTC

"core-site.xml" not found while installing CDH 5 with YARN on a Single Linux Node in Pseudo-distributed mode

Hello all
I am manually Installing CDH 5 with YARN on a Single Linux Node in
Pseudo-distributed mode on CentOS 6 64 bit. But whenever i am running any
hdfs command i am getting error: "core-site.xml" not found.
I am using a proxy server. Please help how to solve this problem.
The error file is attached herewith.

--
Thanks and regards
  Vandana kumari

Re: "core-site.xml" not found while installing CDH 5 with YARN on a Single Linux Node in Pseudo-distributed mode

Posted by Ravindra <ra...@gmail.com>.
Please add this entry to /etc/hosts
*127.0.0.1    localhost*
Restart namenode or reboot the machine and then restart namenode. If it
doesn't work then try formatting the namenode using command "hdfs namenode
-format"

Posted by Ravindra <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ravindra <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ravindra <ra...@gmail.com>.