Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by David <da...@dishnermoore.com> on 2006/03/03 14:48:40 UTC

[users@httpd] File Access Rights Not Inherited From Parent

Hello,

I have been running into issues with apache, gallery2, and my backup
software retrospect.

I have posted on gallery's website and they seem to suggest it's not a
problem with gallery, but rather with Apache.  So I posted for help on
minitutorials.com for some more assistance.

After batting it around with them, they suggested subscribing and posting
here.

So here is the skinny.  The machine I use at work here has apache installed
on it so we can use gallery2 in the office.  I have problems backing up my
"G2data" folder remotely.   When I use any of the JavaScript upload
functions through gallery the rights of the files are not inherited from
their parent folders.  Instead new access rights are set.

The only uploading method that allows the files to inherit their file
permissions through gallery2 is the "From Web Browser" uploading.  Now my
understanding is that these all use the same post methods and it really
should not make a difference.

Regardless, normally this would not be a problem, but because my drive is
remotely backed up and shared, no one is able to access the files in the
G2data folder until I modify the shared settings after each upload to
include the share properties once again.

Is there a reason I am running into this issue? It makes it very difficult
to run a backup when you get a bunch of error messages ;)

If it is of aid to any of you, below are the two links to the threads I had
started regarding this problem.  Any input is highly appreciated.

http://gallery.menalto.com/node/44523
http://minitutorials.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=16&t=341

Thanks,
David.