Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Je...@manerf.com on 2007/03/12 11:18:10 UTC

Apache2::AuthenNTLM Failing Authentication from Vista Internet Explorer

Hi there,

I'm having problems with the NTLM Authentication against our
ActiveDirectory. I set it up on my Apache2 and it works well with Firefox
on Linux/XP/Vista with prompting for login.
It also works on latest Internet Explorer for XP (without prompting for
login).

I'm always getting
[Sun Mar 11 09:30:25 2007] [error] Bad/Missing NTLM/Basic Authorization
Header for /
in the apache log but as said it works.

What does not work is Internet Explorer for Vista. Here I am prompted for
login and after entering it I get
[error] Wrong password/user ...
for any account I try to login with. As said logging in with Firefox with
prompted login from the same system works well.

Any ideas? I thought IE7 on XP or Vista would make no difference but
appearently it does...

Jens

apache2-2.2.4
apache2-mod_perl-2.0.3
apache2-mod_auth_ntlm_winbind-0.0.0.lorikeet_svn_682 (downloaded as
Apache2-AuthenNTLM-0.02)