Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by RAINA Rajat <Ra...@3dplmsoftware.com> on 2010/02/03 06:40:41 UTC

Exception Handling in Xerces_c_1_6_0

Hello,

I need some information as we are working on a common Exception handling
framework for all our code.

Can you please let me know if Xerces-C++ dll defines any Exception
filters through the usage of Microsoft's SetUnhandledExceptionFilter?

I need this information for my common exception handling framework
designing.

Please let me know!

Thanks!

--

Rajat

Re: Exception Handling in Xerces_c_1_6_0

Posted by David Bertoni <db...@apache.org>.
On 2/2/2010 11:27 PM, RAINA Rajat wrote:
> Thanks Dave for the quick response!
>
> What I understand from your reply is that you use the standard C++
> exception handling. However, what happens in the case any exception is
> not handled by this? Does Xerces anywhere use the Microsoft's
> SetUnhandledExceptionFilter in the code?
What I said was Xerces-C uses standard C++ exceptions. The C++ standard
is explicit regarding what happens when an exception is not handled.

There is no Windows-specific code for structured exception handling and
there is no Windows-specific code that raises structured exceptions.

Dave

RE: Exception Handling in Xerces_c_1_6_0

Posted by RAINA Rajat <Ra...@3dplmsoftware.com>.
Thanks Dave for the quick response!

What I understand from your reply is that you use the standard C++
exception handling. However, what happens in the case any exception is
not handled by this? Does Xerces anywhere use the Microsoft's
SetUnhandledExceptionFilter in the code?

Please let me know, since it is very critical for the design of our new
Exception handling framework!

Regards,
Rajat

> I need some information as we are working on a common Exception
handling
> framework for all our code.
>
> Can you please let me know if Xerces-C++ dll defines any Exception
> filters through the usage of Microsoft's SetUnhandledExceptionFilter?
>
> I need this information for my common exception handling framework
> designing.
>
> Please let me know!
Xerces-C using standard C++ exceptions, so there is no support for
Windows structured exception handling.

BTW, you are using an extremely old version of Xerces-C, so you should
consider upgrading to a newer version.

Dave

Re: Exception Handling in Xerces_c_1_6_0

Posted by David Bertoni <db...@apache.org>.