Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/22 22:58:15 UTC

[ANN] JumpStart upgraded to Tomcat 7, JBoss 7, and Glassfish 3

Hi all,

JumpStart 6.1 has been released. You can still test in Jetty and now you can deploy to:

	* JBoss 7.1.1
	* Tomcat 7.0
	* Glassfish 3.1.2

That's because it now works with:

	* Hibernate 4.1 (upgraded from 3.3)
	* Java EE 6 (upgraded from 5)
	* OpenEJB 4.0.0 (upgraded from 3.1.4).

Incidentally, the newly released OpenEJB and TomEE are very cool. Have a look at http://openejb.apache.org/ .

JumpStart is running in the usual place…

	http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart/

...and of course comments and critiques are always welcome.

Cheers,

Geoff

Re: [ANN] JumpStart upgraded to Tomcat 7, JBoss 7, and Glassfish 3

Posted by Chris Mylonas <ch...@opencsta.org>.
> TomEE is Tomcat with Java EE 6 added in. It's fuss-free - download, unzip, and start. It makes Tomcat a viable alternative to JBoss, Glassfish, etc.
>
> The capabilities are summarised here: http://openejb.apache.org/comparison.html
>
> I should give a special mention, too, to JBoss 7.1. The directory structure is simpler the before, the config is so much simpler than before, and the startup time is way faster than before. They've done a great job.

No tapestry dev for 2 months.... but this announcement is eyebrow raising

Thanks Geoff for updating to latest tomcat - this tomEE stuff certainly is appealing, if it rains over the weekend i'll be sure to check it out as I have a smallish personal project that jboss/glassfish is overkill.  JBoss 7.1 starts up very very fast nonetheless.

The mega-turn-off of java web stuff has been the server management (xml files, complicated deployments) but this seems to be going away.

Have a good weekend,
Chris

Re: [ANN] JumpStart upgraded to Tomcat 7, JBoss 7, and Glassfish 3

Posted by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.