Posted to dev@servicecomb.apache.org by wang <wa...@163.com> on 2018/01/24 03:10:40 UTC

[Discussion] How to organize and where to place our examples ?

Hi All :

    Now we have some examples in both Java-chassis (https://github.com/apache/incubator-servicecomb-java-chassis/tree/master/samples) and Go-chassis (https://github.com/ServiceComb/go-chassis/tree/master/examples) Framwork . Besides, we also have some workshop examples like Company etc.  I think this examples are too scattered and it's not appropriate to put examples in chassis. So may be we need to organize them and place them appropriately.

       In my opinion, we have to ways:

1.  Create a repo named "incubator-servicecomb-samples" in apache organization, put each example in it as a folder

2.  Create a new organization named  "ServiceComb-Samples",  each example create a new repo in this organization. I prefer this way.

    What do you think ?

Re: [Discussion] How to organize and where to place our examples ?

Posted by bismy <bi...@qq.com>.
I agree with this. For java-chassis, there is a huge demo, it’s better to move to integration tests. And move simple ones to examples

From: Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed,Jan 24,2018 4:10 PM
To: dev <de...@servicecomb.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [Discussion] How to organize and where to place our examples ?

If the sample just shows how to use java-chassis or go-chassis,  put these
examples into apache could save lot of efforts of user.
For the go language user, they just treat the git repo as a lib, so keep
the examples out the source repo could make source repo more clear. I think
we can create a go-chassis-example repo in Apache to show how to use go
chassis.
For the java-chassis, we just release the example into the binary kit, we
can keep the example in the java chassis repo.

If the sample is complicated enough and it shows lots of functions of
Huawei Cloud, it make sense that we put the example into Huawei example
github organization.
Current I think the company workshop example is kind of this example which
could be put into Huawei example repo.

Willem Jiang

          http://jnn.iteye.com  (Chinese)
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
I think it should be fine if we create the git repo for the example in
Apache organization.
But It could cause some trouble if we want to release the different
language example projects at the same time.
How about we create different repo for different language examples?

Willem Jiang

          http://jnn.iteye.com  (Chinese)
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem