Posted to qa@openoffice.apache.org by Yuzhen Fan <fa...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/05 11:46:17 UTC

AOO Post 4.1 Test Starts! Call for volunteers!

Hi All,

We have released AOO 4.1 successfully on Apr 29 with voting, but we still
have some test cases not completed during 4.1 stage, in order to check the
post 4.1 quality status, here comes the call for volunteers on AOO post 4.1
testing.

If you have interest and can help over the next few weeks, on Linux Redhat
64bit, Linux Redhat 32bit, Linux Ubuntu 64bit, Mac 10.9, Windows 7 and
Windows 8, please send a note to the QA mailing list (
qa@openoffice.apache.org).   If you have a Testlink account[1] send your ID
as well as what platform you can help test(if you haven't a Testlink
account, you can register one).   You should also get installation sets
from trunk [2] and report issues in Bugzilla [3].  You may want to see
detail instructions in Test Guidence [4].

[1] http://aootesting.adfinis-sygroup.org/index.php
[2] http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/
[3] https://issues.apache.org/ooo/
[4]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1+Full+Regression+Test+Guidance

Thanks!
Yu Zhen

Re: AOO Post 4.1 Test Starts! Call for volunteers!

Posted by Yuzhen Fan <fa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Majella,

Windows 7 Home premium is not listed in platform list related to AOO 4.1,
then I have assigned you 13 test cases on Windows 7 professional, you can
run them on your Windows 7 Home premium. Please visit the  "AOO 4.1 FVT"
test plan in Testlink and look for your name.

Please use the released AOO 4.1.0 as the testing build.

[1] http://www.openoffice.org/download/
[2]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1+Release+Notes

Posted by Majella Paulraj <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yu Zhen,

Posted by Noel Shantell <no...@gmail.com>.
Hello Yu Zhen,

Here is my Testlink ID:

  PQATester

My Test Environment:
  Windows 7

Sincerely,
Noel Prude

Posted by Noel Shantell <no...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Thank you for adding me to Bugzilla.  I have been spending some time
getting familiar with the Testlink, Bugzilla, and OpenOffice.  I executed
some test cases for OpenOffice Writer.  There were several crashes while I
was using OpenOffice Writer which was automatically sent/reported by
OpenOffice.  If you would like to assign some test cases to me that would
be fine.

Thanks,
Noel Prude

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Noel Shantell <no...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yuzhen Fan <fa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Noel,

Posted by Noel Shantell <no...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 12:45 PM, Hitesh Jain <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> I have created my Bugzilla account. Please add me to the qa-team group in Bugzilla.
> Hitesh

Sorry for the delay.   We had some email problems at Apache a few
weeks ago and I did not see your note until now.  You are now added to
the QA Team!

-Rob

Posted by Pedro Lino <pe...@gmail.com>.
I'm on Windows XP with Office 2003. If there is some specific bug I can
test, please let me know.

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Yuzhen Fan wrote:
> OpenMandriva is not listed in platform list related to AOO 4.1, then I have
> assigned you 10 test cases on Redhat Linux 32bit, you can run them on your
> OpenMandriva 32-bits rpm based OS.

Please include also Julia (in CC). She volunteered on this list on March
19th for Linux Mint (apt-get based, so based on the reasoning above she
could be assigned Debian/Ubuntu tests) and she wrote me she hasn't been
assigned tests yet for 4.1.0-RC... so let's fix this with the current
post-release tests!

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: AOO Post 4.1 Test Starts! Call for volunteers!

Posted by Yuzhen Fan <fa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alexandro,

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.
I can provide testing on my OpenMandriva 32-bits rpm based OS. Please
asign me any test case, my uid is JZA

On 5/6/14, Hitesh Jain <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> I have created my Bugzilla account. Please add me to the qa-team group in
> Bugzilla.
> Hitesh
>
>> On May 6, 2014, at 4:33 AM, Yuzhen Fan <fa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Edwin,
>>
>> Thanks for your help all along, I have assigned you 17 manual test cases
>> on
>> Linux Deb 64 bit.
>>
>>> On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 6:31 PM, Edwin Sharp <el...@mail-page.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Yu Zhen
>>> Please assign Linux Deb 64 bit and Win 7 manual cases, TestLink ID
>>> elish.
>>> Thanks,

Posted by Hitesh Jain <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Yuzhen Fan <fa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Edwin,

Posted by Edwin Sharp <el...@mail-page.com>.
Hi Yu Zhen

Posted by Michael Kilby <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I can test cases in windows 7. TestLink ID: mkilby.

Thanks,
Michael

Posted by Yuzhen Fan <fa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sandhya,

Thanks for your continuously help, I have assigned you 10 test cases on
Windows 7.

Posted by Yuzhen Fan <fa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ambika,

I have assigned you 9 test cases on Windows 7, please visit the  "AOO 4.1

Posted by Ambika Rajagopalan <am...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sandhya Sivakumar <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yu Zhen

Posted by Yuzhen Fan <fa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kay,

Thanks for your continuously help, I have assigned you 21 test cases on
Redhat Linux 32-bit.

Posted by Yuzhen Fan <fa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kay,

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yuzhen Fan <fa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Maryna,

I have just assigned you 23 test cases on Windows 8.

Posted by Yuzhen Fan <fa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Maryna,

Posted by Yuzhen Fan <fa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Maryna,