Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ian Connor <ia...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/20 19:22:14 UTC

case insensitive sentence matches in text field

If I have a field that is the default type text (from the sample schema)
with the lowercase filter and so forth, is it possible to also do sentence
matches in a case insensitive way?

I can see the word roots are indexed in lowercase, but when I then try to
match on the entire sentence, it will only work if the case is the same.

Do I need to create two fields? One for text and the other for case
insensitive sentence matching?

Ian Connor

Re: case insensitive sentence matches in text field

Posted by Ian Connor <ia...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thanks for the tip - it is in fact working. It is just that the word PubMed
trips it up. It splits it up to pub med but if you leave it lowercase, it
removes the 'ed' and leaves the root pubm.

That is tricky and not what I expected - I will need to be more careful with
these filters - thanks.

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 1:30 PM, Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 1:22 PM, Ian Connor <ia...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > If I have a field that is the default type text (from the sample schema)
> > with the lowercase filter and so forth, is it possible to also do
> sentence
> > matches in a case insensitive way?
>
> This should already work... can you add debugQuery=true to the request
> and show us the resulting debug output?
>

> -Yonik
> http://www.lucidimagination.com

Ian Connor
1 Leighton St #723
Cambridge, MA 02141
Call Center Phone: +1 (714) 239 3875 (24 hrs)
Fax: +1(770) 818 5697
Skype: ian.connor

Re: case insensitive sentence matches in text field

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.