Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com> on 2002/12/08 18:30:22 UTC

todo

Hello there!

I've got some time to be devoted to FOP's dev, but I'm not sure where to focus
and as newbie commiter I'm asking the community where you want to see my efforts.
 From the todo list, writing direction stuff looks the most interesting to me
(especially to my boss :), so if nobody works on it already I would take it.
(I have a little experience in this domain by virtue of living in
rtl-writing-mode country).
Another one we should discuss probably is moving to CLI instead of home-brewed
CommandLineOptions - comments?

--
Oleg Tkachenko
eXperanto team

Re: todo

Posted by Keiron Liddle <ke...@aftexsw.com>.
Hi Oleg,

I think writing direction would be a good addition.

I am hoping to bring back all the renderers and this is one issue that
need to be considered. ie. how it is handled in the area tree and how
renderers deal with it, sorting out width/height vs. ipd/bpd

On Sun, 2002-12-08 at 18:30, Oleg Tkachenko wrote:
> Hello there!
>
> I've got some time to be devoted to FOP's dev, but I'm not sure where to focus
> and as newbie commiter I'm asking the community where you want to see my efforts.
>  From the todo list, writing direction stuff looks the most interesting to me
> (especially to my boss :), so if nobody works on it already I would take it.
> (I have a little experience in this domain by virtue of living in
> rtl-writing-mode country).
> Another one we should discuss probably is moving to CLI instead of home-brewed
> CommandLineOptions - comments?

That possibly goes with the rest of the api and avalon integration which
needs doing.

Keiron.