Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Oleg Mikheev <mi...@bigfoot.com> on 2010/03/21 19:47:11 UTC

[s2] struts2-core depends on Spring?

Hi,

I don't like Spring and that's why I'm using Struts2.

I thought that Struts2 Spring integration is optional,
at least that's the official version.

Unfortunately mvn dependency:tree tells me that struts2-core
depends on Spring:

[INFO] +- org.apache.struts:struts2-core:jar:2.1.8.1:compile
[INFO] |  +- com.opensymphony:xwork-core:jar:2.1.6:compile
[INFO] |  |  \- org.springframework:spring-test:jar:2.5.6:compile

Is that a mistake?

Thanks

Re: [s2] struts2-core depends on Spring?

Posted by dusty <du...@yahoo.com>.
It would appear that has to do with some form of unit test or test harness
code that is embedded in struts2-core.  I haven't look at the pom.xml but if
its there outside of the test context then that is probably a problem.

However, the .jar itself shouldn't cause you any problems if your
application is not using Spring.  I wonder if the actual runtime and unit
test Struts2 code calls out to spring-test.  Looking at the Jira issue you
have related to this, it appears there is an issue with XML parsers
(probably in conflict with Tomcat) are causing the problems.

It doesn't make a lot of sense why when you remove the spring-test jar the
stacktrace goes away.  The stacktrace does not read like it's related to
Spring.

-D

Posted by Oleg Mikheev <mi...@bigfoot.com>.
created an issue