Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by jude <fl...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/14 14:59:40 UTC

Minimum amount of files to compile a Flex or FlexJS application

FlexJS clocks in at about 500MB
Flex 4.15 is at 587MB

Is all of that needed?

What is the least amount of files needed to compile an Spark and FlexJS
Application?

Re: Minimum amount of files to compile a Flex or FlexJS application

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 2/26/16, 12:16 AM, "jude" <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>the first one is when you try to connect with a local connection and it
>hasn't been closed previously. line 35 of MXMLLiveEditPlugin.as:
>
>            commandconnection.connect("_MXMLLiveEditPluginCommands");

Yep, that's a problem with LocalConnection.  At some point, it would be
worth trying to use Socket instead.  Using Socket would have the
additional advantage of being able to push the changes to a mobile device.

>the second one happened when i clicked on the scroll bar up button on the
>flex js flash app of the databinding example.
>
>TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert
>org.apache.flex.events::MouseEvent@2d51b0218941 to
>org.apache.flex.events.Event.
>    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
>    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
>    at
>org.apache.flex.events.utils::MouseEventConverter$/mouseEventConverter()[c
>:\Jenkins\workspace\flex-asjs\frameworks\projects\Core\src\main\flex\org\a
>pache\flex\events\utils\MouseEventConverter.as:92]
>
>1. launch the databinding test
>2. click the show all data checkbox
>3. click the up arrow

OK, that would be a bug.  Please open a JIRA if you have time.

Thanks,
-Alex

Re: Minimum amount of files to compile a Flex or FlexJS application

Posted by jude <fl...@gmail.com>.
the first one is when you try to connect with a local connection and it
hasn't been closed previously. line 35 of MXMLLiveEditPlugin.as:

            commandconnection.connect("_MXMLLiveEditPluginCommands");

from what i've read online, even on my own blog, there is no fix but to
close all flash instances on your pc (or restart). to prevent it you're
supposed to close the connection before you try to connect again. so the
first time i closed either the live agent or the data binding test. and
from then on that connection using that string can't be made again afaik.
it's supposed to be a bug in fp that looks like it wasn't fixed. i
recommend some way to close previous connections or make the connection
mutable (if a new connection call comes in close the old one). let the
developer decide to make their connections closable.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by jude <fl...@gmail.com>.
that's pretty slick. i posted a poc of a live mxml renderer here
<https://www.radii8.com/blog/?p=1083>. you can see changes live by setting
it to update on change. after you add a few components updating live
becomes slow. if we used that falcon code we could apply delta changes. it
could be a viable option for real time live preview in or out of the
browser.

using reflection it would even be possible to add code completion or code
suggestion.

#2082: Connect failed because the object is already connected.
TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert
flash.events::MouseEvent@2d51aff84c11 to org.apache.flex.events.MouseEvent.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by jude <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.