Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Jan Bednář <ma...@janbednar.eu> on 2019/06/06 22:09:12 UTC

New component PoC: Watch modifications in directory

Hello,

Some time ago, I have implemented NIO2 component, which allows to watch
changes (File added, File removed, File modified) in directory, because
I have not found any component, which allows this. Is this still true?
As far as I know, there is only posibility to watch File added event
with camel-file component. I can find some spare time and polish that
code + convert it to 3.0 style (and maybe add some functionality and
type converters from FileEvent to CamelFile) and create PR. Maybe rename
this from camel-nio2 to camel-watchservice.

https://github.com/bedlaj/camel-nio2

Is this functionality desired in Apache Camel?

Re: New component PoC: Watch modifications in directory

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Hi Jan,
this is awesome, perhaps there could be a way to add this to the file
component and have two strategies for consuming files, perhaps simply
instantiating the one consumer vs the other?

I think that way those bits would be noticed/used much more...

(2c)

zoran

--
Zoran Regvart

Re: New component PoC: Watch modifications in directory

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Yeah we love contributions.

Maybe name it camel-file-watch or camel-file-watchservice as this
indicates better what it does that its for files.

On Fri, Jun 7, 2019 at 12:27 PM Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Personally I think this is very interesting. +1 for me.
>
> Il giorno ven 7 giu 2019 alle ore 00:19 Jan Bednář <ma...@janbednar.eu> ha
> scritto:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Some time ago, I have implemented NIO2 component, which allows to watch
> > changes (File added, File removed, File modified) in directory, because
> > I have not found any component, which allows this. Is this still true?
> > As far as I know, there is only posibility to watch File added event
> > with camel-file component. I can find some spare time and polish that
> > code + convert it to 3.0 style (and maybe add some functionality and
> > type converters from FileEvent to CamelFile) and create PR. Maybe rename
> > this from camel-nio2 to camel-watchservice.
> >

> > https://github.com/bedlaj/camel-nio2
> >

> > Is this functionality desired in Apache Camel?

--
Claus Ibsen

Re: New component PoC: Watch modifications in directory

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com>.