Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Peter Felts <pe...@yahoo.com> on 2008/03/18 19:03:57 UTC

ViewEntity across multiple databases?

Hi does anyone know how I can create a join across multiple databases? I've got my OfBiz database (MySQL) and an external database (Oracle) which I am using in an OFBiz application I'm working on. What I need to do now is create a join across tables in both databases but a view entity will not allow this. Any ideas about how this could be accomplished? Should I create my own query and run it in a java service?

The OFBiz documentation states that you can not create a view-entity across multiple databases:

"All member-entitiesin aview-entity must be in the same database, but not necessarily in thesame entitygroup." (http://ofbiz.apache.org/docs/entity.html#View_Entity_Modeling)

Re: ViewEntity across multiple databases?

Posted by jadelomeiri <ja...@robertheath.co.uk>.
Hi Peter,

I see your post is old enough. I need to ask you if you finally found an
answer to your question. Because I'm currently in the same situation.

Thank you,

Jad

Peter Felts wrote