Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Ben Sifuentes <bs...@cysive.com> on 2000/12/12 02:39:53 UTC

JSP and Xalan example

Does anybody have a example of using JSP with Xalan. I don't seem to be able
to find any examples of this.

I want to do something like the SimpleTransform.java does but with a jsp.

Is this possable or even practical.

Now I've used xalan in servlet code before and clearly understand how to use
it there. But, just can't seem to figure out how to go about using it in my
JSP code.

With the servlet code it was responsable for detecting the client device and
producing the correct output for the device. So using XML to define the
dynamic data and have the parser generate the output was a perfect fit.

I would like to do something similar with my JSP code.

-Ben

Re: JSP and Xalan example

Posted by Klaus Kiehne <ki...@struktur.de>.
Hi Ben,

Ben Sifuentes wrote:

> Does anybody have a example of using JSP with Xalan. I don't seem to be able
> to find any examples of this.

Well, I've got no experience in using Xalan with JSPs but did you ever think
about using CoCoon and XSPs. XSPs are similar to JSPs but XML based. Cocoon
integrates xslt processing and XSPs. You can find CoCoon on the Apache Web server.

HTH
Klaus