Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by Ola Theander <Ol...@nasdaqomx.com> on 2008/04/04 12:50:29 UTC

DOMNode::getLocalName() always returns NULL (except DOMAttrNSImpl::getLocalName())?

Dear subscribers

I'm working with a project where I, amongst other things, upgrade an
application to use Xerces 2.7 instead of 2.3. As far as I know the code
is supposed to work and has been validated but not touched for quite a
while. The situation is that I've noticed a peculiar thing with
DOMNode::getLocalName() and that is that it always return NULL, except
for the implementation in DOMAttrNSImpl::getLocalName().

The application uses a recursive search algorithm to locate a particular
element in an XML-document but it never finds it because the local name
is always NULL. My question is, is this behaviour changed between
version 2.3 and 2.7 and what's the reason for always returning NULL?

Any clarification on this issue would be greatly appreciated since I'm
quite new with Xerces.

Regards, Ola Theander

Legal Disclaimer:
This e-mail and the information it contains may be privileged and/or confidential.
It is for the intended addressee(s) only.
The unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this e-mail, or any information it contains, is prohibited.
If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.

RE: DOMNode::getLocalName() always returns NULL (except DOMAttrNSImpl::getLocalName())?

Posted by Ola Theander <Ol...@nasdaqomx.com>.
Hi Alberto

Thanks for your answer. That's pretty much my conclusion as well.

/Ola

I don't know what 2.3 was doing, but 2.7 defines getLocalName only in
namespace-aware attributes and elements, i.e. the ones created with
setAttributeNS/setAttributeNodeNS/createAttributeNS. If the attribute
was created by a non-namespace-aware API, you should use getNodeName.

Alberto

Posted by Alberto Massari <am...@datadirect.com>.
Hi Ola,