Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by steelrat405 <st...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/01 00:02:22 UTC

Re: LDAP help not authenticating but no error message either

Ok I think I am getting closer to a solution. I was expecting that once the
user was authenticated shiro would redirect to to the authc.successurl as
the application was working with stormpath. However according to
https://shiro.apache.org/static/current/apidocs/org/apache/shiro/realm/ldap/JndiLdapRealm.html.

Authorization section : "By default, authorization is effectively disabled
due to the default
doGetAuthorizationInfo(org.apache.shiro.subject.PrincipalCollection)
implementation returning null. If you wish to perform authorization based on
an LDAP schema, you must subclass this one and override that method to
reflect your organization's data model."

Being new to Shiro and Java I am not sure where or how to accomplish this if
someone has a working example that would be outstanding or if someone could
point me in the direction of the best way to extend and use the
JndiLdapRealm in reference to Shiro I would appreciate the assistance.