Posted to users@flex.apache.org by leokan23 <le...@best-web.gr> on 2017/03/03 16:37:29 UTC

Mobile DateChooser Flex

So one of the missing things in Flex mobile I hate is tha there is no Date
Chooser. OK there is the Date spinner but it looks old to be honest.

So my team and I are working on a custom Component with material designs. We
are almost there and i wanted to share it with you.

I would also like to see if anyone is interested to help complete it and
maybe extend it. There is already a version in github, but we plan to add
the new "material" version.

We are looking for someone who could help bring it on the nessary quality
for it to become part of Flex.

Let me know if you are interested.

p.s. special thanks to @quick6black for his Material skins (used for
buttons)

<http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/file/n14753/17105909_256392401470360_422671695_o.png>

Re: Mobile DateChooser Flex

Posted by leokan23 <le...@best-web.gr>.
I have uploaded the current version to github, for anyone to grab and help
expand it.

Flex-Mobile-Calendar <https://github.com/leossmith/Flex-Mobile-Calendar>

Re: Mobile DateChooser Flex

Posted by leokan23 <le...@best-web.gr>.
I will add the latest version to github including a todo list and post it
also here.

@quick6black you can work on the calendar I am working too if you want. It
currently works as an independent component modal. The user has to listen
for the selection of a date and added as text in the text input.

One thing that definitely needs work is the translation part. We currently
use resource files for the Months and days, which could be confusing.

Re: Mobile DateChooser Flex

Posted by quick6black <an...@gmail.com>.
You welcome for the buttons, would be interested in helping. I am finishing
up a mobile alert skin and a new date picker was on my radar.

Re: Mobile DateChooser Flex

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Leo,

Nice job! I'm wondering right now how hard would be to creat such component
in our FlexJS MDL lib... :)

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: Mobile DateChooser Flex

Posted by OK <po...@olafkrueger.net>.
Hi leokan,
cause I'm not so familar with mobile components I don't understand what kind
of help you're looking for.
The screenshot looks pretty complete for me ;-)

To encourage others to help it maybe helps to share some code and to file
concrete issues/todos?

Olaf

Re: Mobile DateChooser Flex

Posted by leokan23 <le...@best-web.gr>.
We already have build such a skin for an older app (couple of years ago).

<http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/file/n14764/farmakeutiki_1.jpg>

Again this would feel a bit strange for iOS. We will come up with a skin for
it that used characteristics from native ios, but first things first, we
have to combine this with a TextInput to create the new component.

Is anyone interested on helping on that part?

The date chooser is a component which appears when the user clicks on the
StageTextInput we use right now. When the user selects a date, the popup
closes and the date is added in the TextInput.

Re: Mobile DateChooser Flex

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 10:20 AM, leokan23 <le...@best-web.gr> wrote:

> We can skin it for iOS too, although i think there is no similar date
> picker
> for ipad. If anyone has a screenshot of something similar please post.

You are right, there is no such component available for iOS.  The closest
one I could find was this:
https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/800/1*uSc-y-neP4kyNVeCc9XFyw.png

Maybe this could be a starting point?

Thanks,
Om

Re: Mobile DateChooser Flex

Posted by leokan23 <le...@best-web.gr>.

Re: Mobile DateChooser Flex

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
Wow, that is fantastic.  Looking forward to your contribution!

Any chance this can easily be reskinned for iOS as well?  We usually try to
keep the mobile components in sync.

Thanks,
Om