Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by vamshi krishna <va...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/02 05:06:18 UTC

How to debug and run hadoop/HBase source code in eclipse

Hi folks,
     most of the users subscribed in this mailing-list are trying to modify
the actual source code to add extra functionality to hadoop/HBase. I want to
modify hadoop and HBase source code using eclipse IDE and then debug and run
it. i am trying to add/ change the actual code. i am able to debug and run
normal programs on hadoop , but i couldn't run the source code.  Please help
me in this regard. I have been trying to do the same for somany days, please
sombody help how to change, debug and run the source code of hadoop/HBase in
eclipse IDE.

Thank you.

--
*Regards*
*

Re: How to debug and run hadoop/HBase source code in eclipse

Posted by vamshi krishna <va...@gmail.com>.
Oh..thank you Doug.

--
*Regards*
*

Re: How to debug and run hadoop/HBase source code in eclipse

Posted by Doug Meil <do...@explorysmedical.com>.
One more thing:

Posted by Doug Meil <do...@explorysmedical.com>.
Also, see this...

Posted by Li Pi <li...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Ian Varley <iv...@salesforce.com>.
Vamshi,

As with most online help forums, people can only be of help if you pass along the specific difficulty you're having. Typically, this would take a form like, "I tried doing X, but instead of seeing Y, I saw Z instead". The more specific you can be with what you already tried and the errors or failures you're seeing, the more the group can help.

Posted by Doug Meil <do...@explorysmedical.com>.
Hi there-

See...

Posted by Asmi <sm...@gmail.com>.