Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jim Adams <ja...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/16 23:09:31 UTC

POST interface to sending queries to SOLR?

Folks,

I know there is a 'GET' to send queries to Solr.  But is there a POST
interface to sending queries?  If so, can someone point me in that
direction?

Thanks, Jim

Re: POST interface to sending queries to SOLR?

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 4:13 PM, Jim Adams <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Could you point me to an example somewhere?

The command line tool "curl" can do either GET or POST:

curl http://localhost:8983/solr/select --data 'q=foo&rows=100'

-Yonik

Re: POST interface to sending queries to SOLR?

Posted by Jim Adams <ja...@gmail.com>.
Could you point me to an example somewhere?

Thanks!