Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Pamela Stangl <pc...@doit.wisc.edu> on 2004/09/15 17:02:16 UTC

[users@httpd] Proxy problem from apache2 to Tomcat4.1

I've been using Apache 1.3 and Tomcat 4.0.6.   I had a proxy statement in
Apache to the Tomcat http port that has worked just fine.
The Apache1.3 https port is 8185.
The Tomcat 4.0.6 http port is 7162.

In the Apache http.conf file I have defined:
LoadModule proxy_module       libexec/libproxy.so
AddModule mod_proxy.c

and

<IfModule mod_proxy.c>
ProxyRequests Off
      ProxyPass /mdsPort/mds  http://server.com:7162/mdsPort/mds
</IfModule>

  I get the same correct response if I go to
http://server.com:7162/mdsPort/mds  (directly to Tomcat)
or
https://server.com:8185/mdsPort/mds  (through Apache)

The problem occurs when I move to Apache2 and Tomcat4.1. I am using the
same ports.
  The Apache2.0.50 https port is 8185.
The Tomcat 4.1.30 http port is 7162.

In the Apache2 http.conf file I have defined:

and

<IfModule mod_proxy.c>
ProxyRequests Off
      ProxyPass /mdsPort/mds  http://server.com:7162/mdsPort/mds
</IfModule>

Going directly to tomcat,  http://server.com:7162/mdsPort/mds gives the
correct response

Going through Apache,  https://server.com:8185/mdsPort/mds  gives the error "

You are not authorized to view this page"

I've check file permissions on the directories but that doesn't seem to be
the problem since I don't get an error when going through Tomcat to the
same page.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: [users@httpd] Proxy problem from apache2 to Tomcat4.1

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
[Please post in plain text.]

> Going through Apache,  https://server.com:8185/mdsPort/mds  gives the error "
> You are not authorized to view this page"I've check file permissions on the directories but
> that doesn't seem to be the problem since I don't get an error when going through Tomcat to
> the same page.

Start by checking the apache error log.

Joshua.