Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by George <ge...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/02 20:26:04 UTC

Python and subscribing to topic based on key

Hi all

is it possible to subscribe to a topic based on a specified key... without
specifying the hosting partition.

I know I can simply subscribe to the topic and filter the data as received
looking for relevant key, but I'd prefer to have this filter done on the
broker, reducing the consumer workload and network traffic.

You have the obligation to inform one honestly of the risk, and as a person
you are committed to educate yourself to the total risk in any activity!

Once informed & totally aware of the risk,
every fool has the right to kill or injure themselves as they see fit!

Re: Python and subscribing to topic based on key

Posted by Boyang Chen <re...@gmail.com>.
Hey George,

there is no support for server side filtering based on key at the moment,
as it may significantly impact broker side performance.