Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Saqib Shaikh <ss...@essex.ac.uk> on 2001/12/09 07:50:41 UTC

Installing the MM MySQL driver

Hi,nk

I am using Tomcat 4.0.  I want to install the MM MySQL driver from mmmysql.sf.net.

Firstly, in which directory should I put the file mm.mysql.jar?  I was thinking of either the lib or the classes directory but wasn't sure.

Secondly, how should I change my classpath to include this driver?

Thanks very much, Saqib

secret KEY on tomcat.properties

Posted by louie miranda <lo...@chikka.com>.
[09/12/2001 06:52:04:738] (ERROR) wrapper: file
/usr/chikkajava/conf/tomcat.properties (line 34) security.secretKey
specified twice
[09/12/2001 06:52:04:738] (ERROR) an error returned initializing protocol
"wrapper"
[09/12/2001 06:52:04:738] (ERROR) in init all protocols "wrapper" returned
an error
[09/12/2001 06:52:04:738] (EMERGENCY) Error initializing protocols

Hi, i try to put

security.secretKey=DISABLED

btw, is this possible?

Re: Installing the MM MySQL driver

Posted by Paul DuBois <pa...@snake.net>.
>Hi,nk
>
>I am using Tomcat 4.0.  I want to install the MM MySQL driver from
>mmmysql.sf.net.
>
>Firstly, in which directory should I put the file mm.mysql.jar?  I
>was thinking of either the lib or the classes directory but wasn't
>sure.

webapps/application-directory/WEB-INF/lib if you want just that application
to see it

lib if you want all applications to see it

common/lib if you want all applications and Tomcat to see it (useful
if you do JDBC-based session or auth, since Tomcat handles those above
the application level)

>Secondly, how should I change my classpath to include this driver?

Tomcat 4 doesn't use CLASSPATH.

Posted by Matt Egyhazy <mw...@virginia.edu>.
lib directory of your web application or one of the auto loaded directories
within the tomcat install...im not sure which is which with tomcat4 though.

hth

matt

Posted by Jayson Yu <yu...@philonline.com>.
Hi,

First you can try placing it in your
<TOMCATDIR>/webapps/<contextname>/WEB-INF/lib directory or if you're running
several contexts (all using the same mm.mysql driver), then you might want
to place it in the
<TOMCATDIR>/common/lib directory.   If all things fail you can do the
following:

1)  unjar the jar file mm.mysql-2.0.6.1.jar (or whatever version) in some
directory, for example:

         jar x mm.mysql-2.0.6.1.jar

      this will create a directory called  "mm.mysql-2.0.6".

2)  edit <TOMCATDIR>/bin/catalina.sh and look for the classpath definition,
you should see something like this:

CP="$CATALINA_HOME/bin/bootstrap.jar"

add the real path of the unjar'd mysql driver and you should have something
like this:

CP="$CATALINA_HOME/bin/bootstrap.jar":"/path/to/mysql/driver/mm.mysql-2.0.6"

3) restart tomcat.

hope this helps.

json